Teaching staff of the Department of Foreign Languages have extensive experience working with various age groups, including abroad; are participants of international projects, such as the Access Microscholarship Program aimed at teaching English language and culture, VeryVerified: course on Media Literacy, English for NGOs and Civil Society, English for Media Literacy, "Access Alumni Civic Engagement Program (2019 - 2020)" and others.
During 2019-2020, the head of the Department initiated and authored the IMPULSE project for professional development of English teachers in Mariupol, where she also acted as a teacher trainer.
The Department cooperates with the Ukrainian Leadership Academy (the course "English for Leaders").
The List of the main projects during the last 3 years:
1. Erasmus + KA2 project "Implementation of Education Quality Assurance System via Cooperation of University- Business-Government in HEIs" 586109-EPP-1-2017-1-RO-EPPKA2-CBHE-SP (2017-2020) - http: // spelletjesplein.edu.ua/
2. EUAID project “Education Open Space for Students and Community” (2020-2023) - https://eduspace.dsum.edu.ua/
3. Project “IMPULSE: Innovative Modern Practices Upgrading Language Specialist Education” (2019-2020) with the support of Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy in Ukraine
4. Regional English Language Office of the U.S. Embassy in Ukraine - Project “English ACCESS Microscholarship Program” (2016-2021)
5. British Council project “Ukraine Higher Education Leadership Development Program: Ecologization of DSUM Development Strategy” (2018-2019) - http://www.britishcouncil.org.ua/programmes/education/leadership-development
6. IREX in collaboration with EdEra with the support of the U.S. Embassy and the British Embassy in Ukraine, project "Very Verified: A Course on Media Literacy" (since 2019) - https://verified.ed-era.com/
7. Tempus project "Center for Third Age Education" 544517-TEMPUS-1-2013-1-IT-TEMPUS-JPHES (2013-2017) - http://3au.dsum.edu.ua/
The teaching staff of the Department is constantly improving their professional level in leading higher education institutions of Ukraine, the European Union and the United States, take an active part in international projects and participate in projects of the British Council and the U.S. Government, are speakers at national and international conferences (e.g. Atlanta, USA; Glasgow, Scotland; Krakow, Poland and others).